Wedding planning is no simple task but here, at Crossed Keys Estate, we aim to make the process as easy as possible for our couples. We find it best to break things down in order of importance. So let’s start after the very first step of booking Crossed Keys Estate! The steps at this stage are crucial, this is all about securing those big “musts” for your special day.
Photo: Ryon Lockhart Photography
Wedding Planning: 8-12 months out (Or immediately after booking)
- Book your primary vendors
- Major vendors like photography, videography, music, dress, etc. are important to nail down early on. Think about any additional vendors that might be more personally important to you as well. If you have your heart set on a particular company, we encourage you to inquire as early as possible to ensure they’re available for your date.
- Reserve room blocks
- If you have guests traveling from out of state, don’t wait to do this… the local hotels often fill up very quickly.
- Send out “Save the Dates”
- Getting these out early enough is super important to allow guests to plan, again, especially if they are coming from out of town.
- Consider things outside the venue
- Spend some time thinking about your wedding party attire, guest list, officiant, rehearsal dinner, important traditions, etc. You’ll be glad you gave this some thought later on!
- Book Crossed Keys Inn options
- Because our cozy CK Inn is so intimate, we offer stays on a first-come, first-serve basis. Make sure to speak to our Planning team ASAP about room blocks at the CK Inn.
- Liquor Packages
- At our venue, you have a choice of BYOB or purchasing a liquor package through CK Inn. We recommend making this decision as early as possible so we can answer any questions and accommodate special requests.
- Book Secondary Vendors
- Additional vendors, like a photo booth, live painter, or cigar roller, are next on the list! Make sure to check with the planning team at Crossed Keys Estate to make sure they can be properly accommodated with both space and time.
This process is always evolving! If something is altered or changed from this timeline in your personal experience with us, it’s because we feel that’s best for you + the planning process. Because above all else, we want to ensure you have the most magical wedding day!
If wedding planning isn’t for you, here are some talented wedding planning teams that we love that can take the process off your hands:
Eager to keep planning? Take a look at our Floral + Decor Meeting Guide to prep for your chat with Crossed Keys Designs!
Want to learn more about Crossed Keys Estate?
Take a virtual tour!
Contact us today for more information on how you can host your wedding at the Estate!
Back to the blog »